“Aiming for Zero Waste”
“Aiming for Zero Waste” programme
Do you have a spirit of citizenship? A desire to act to save the planet? If so, join the Zero Waste Adventure!
Held each year for 6 months, from September to March, this operation consists of helping volunteer households to reduce their waste production.
Proposed by the Cannes Lérins Agglomeration in collaboration with waste processing and recycling associations UNIVALOM and the SMED, this experience offers you the chance to learn how to become a responsible, forward-thinking consumer. With this initiative, within everyone’s reach, you benefit from free assistance consisting of practical, entertaining workshops, and a discovery kit.
Hundreds of families are assisted in pursuing this adventure. They all set themselves the goal of pursuing 5 eco-actions (out of 10 proposed) to reduce their waste; for example, making their own cleaning products, composting organic waste, or responsible consumption.
In 1 year, families in Cannes participating in the 2019/2020 “Aiming for Zero Waste” season succeeded in reducing the average weight of their bins by:
for Selective Sorting
for Household Waste
What assistance is provided?
Each family can benefit from individualised, professional assistance to learn how to significantly reduce the quantity of waste it produces. On the programme, UNIVALOM and the SMED propose:
• A launch meeting in which to explain how this adventure unfurls. You will sign a commitment charter to make your registration official;
• Workshops on subjects as diverse as natural cleaning products, composting and sorting of waste, shopping with no wrapping, giving objects a second lease of life…;
• “Handy tip” coffee breaks for sharing your ideas and experiences;
• Visits and excursions (energy efficiency plant, sorting centre);
• Facebook group for exchanges between participants;
• Mid-term meeting;
• Final event.
How to evaluate my progress?
You can evaluate your progress by weighing your bins.
How do I enrol?
For the 2021/2022 season:
• For Cannes: registrations until 03/09 on the SMED website: smed06.fr;
• For Mandelieu-La Napoule, Mougins, Le Cannet and Théoule-sur-Mer: registrations will be taken partir du 01/09 by UNIVALOM on 93 65 48 07 or by E-mail: email@example.com or on the on-line platform by clicking here.
• To protect your health: you will learn how to make healthy, natural products yourself (cosmetics and cleaning products) and how to avoid harmful substances;
• To make savings: reduce wastefulness, repair or re-use your objects, all actions enabling you to make considerable savings in the family budget;
• To protect the environment: by reducing your production of waste, you will lower your impact on the planet!